Accueil Forums Vos travaux My Edel 665 refit

Étiqueté : 

• Ce sujet contient 34 réponses, 6 participants et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Alain Diart, le il y a 2 années. Ce sujet a été consulté 16209 fois
15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 35)
  • Auteur
    Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

I have created replacement covers using left over balsa core sandwiched to new plywood. the idea was to create strong, light panels, however they turned out to be just as heavy once they were glassed

I have created replacement covers using left over balsa core sandwiched to new plywood. the idea was to create strong, light panels, however they turned out to be just as heavy once they were glassed

²

On the outside of the of the hull/ deck joint I removed some of the crumbling adhesive and filled the gap with thickened epoxy the entire way around the boat

on the inside, i began to reinforce the hull/ deck joint

on the inside, i began to reinforce the hull/ deck joint

Once the balsa mat was laid up, i covered it all with new glass, and began the process of fairing the deck

Once the balsa mat was laid up, i covered it all with new glass, and began the process of fairing the deck

using west systems epoxy products and .25 inch end grain balsa mat, I re-cored the entire deck. As this is my first boat, and I have never attempted anything like this before, it was a large undertaking for me, but the deck is beginning to look better.

using west systems epoxy products and .25 inch end grain balsa mat, I re-cored the entire deck. As this is my first boat, and I have never attempted anything like this before, it was a large undertaking for me, but the deck is beginning to look better.

facing aft, I have removed the skin where possible and was able to sand down and reuse portions. Once the old material was removed and sanded down, I began the process of fairing the deck to prepare for recoring

facing aft, I have removed the skin where possible and was able to sand down and reuse portions. Once the old material was removed and sanded down, I began the process of fairing the deck to prepare for recoring

entire deck was delaminated, plus there had been earlier repair attempts prior to my ownership

entire deck was delaminated, plus there had been earlier repair attempts prior to my ownership

interior sanded down to glass, preparing to rebuild

interior sanded down to glass, preparing to rebuild

molded cabin floor after removal of interior fittings

molded cabin floor after removal of interior fittings

removal of original sink/stovetop

removal of original sink/stovetop

facing towards the bow, cabin roof at time of purchase

facing towards the bow, cabin roof at time of purchase

port side cabin roof at the time of purchase

port side cabin roof at the time of purchase

before gutting of the hull

before gutting of the hull

• Ce sujet a été modifié le il y a 2 années et 2 mois par Ian Hall.
    • Ce sujet a été modifié il y a 2 années et 2 mois par Webmaster. Raison : extracted texts from pictures descriptions
    Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

hello everyone, my name is Ian. I am posting pictures of my refit, but I have no idea how to use forums! I thought I included descriptions, but there don’t appear to be any.

Alain Diart
    Participant
    Lieutenant de vaisseau

Hi Ian, I’ll try to find out where your description went. I’m on my phone right now, so, I can’t do anything, but I’ll give ot a look very soon. If it’s recoverable, I’ll do it :scratch:

Webmaster
    Maître des clés
    Capitaine de corvette

Hi Ian,

so I recovered all the text you wrote in pictures descriptions. :yahoo:

For you to know, you just have to type you text in between the pictures. The description you can set in the picture upload form, is juste there for SEO (search engine optimization) and accessibility. It’s not ment to be displayed.

Now for the most important : welcome aboard ;-) thank you so much for sharing! You’ve done a fantastic job on your boat ! :good:

Bravo !

Oh, and where are you from ?

Jean
    Participant
    Aspirant

Welcome Ian,  very impressive job, thanks for sharing !

Et pour ceux qui ont du mal avec la langue de Shakespeare, voici la traduction du post

https://www-edelvoilier-org.translate.goog/forums/topic/my-edel-665-refit/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=fr&_x_tr_hl=fr&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

thank you very much for taking the time to correct my mistakes!  I live in Maryland, USA, and the boat is on the hard in tilghman island, Maryland, on the eastern shore of the chesapeake bay.

I am constantly impressed by the quality of the forum, as well as the genuine kindness and depth of knowledge of the people here.

I have many pictures to add of the progress, and will be looking forward to hearing any advice that may be offered.

thank you all for your time and your help!

Webmaster
    Maître des clés
    Capitaine de corvette

Maryland USA ? Wow !

I’m quite curious to know if this boat was built in France then crossed the Atlantic by any mean or if there were some Edel factories in America ? It looks like there was an Edel Canada subsidiary, but I never got any confirmation nor informations on this… If you have any knowledge on the subject, i’d love to know more :scratch:

You’re very welcome to post some pictures of your navigation area as well, this would be awesome ! :yahoo:

Good luck for the refit, please share your progress with us ! :mail:

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

From what I have been told from the previous owner, this boat was built under the Canadian subsidiary, in 1980.  I have seen a handful for sale within the states, but I’m not sure about the numbers of boats actually produced there.

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

I found some information regarding the Canadian production group from an older website.   I will post the screenshots.

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Patrick_33
    Participant
    Lieutenant de vaisseau

Hello Ian
    Welcome on board.
    I am very fond of Edel 665 restoration stories, your sharing is most enjoyable.
    I hope we can come up with some good ideas.

Alain Diart
    Participant
    Lieutenant de vaisseau

Thanks a lot Ian ! :good:

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

The area I plan on sailing initially is within the confines of the chesapeake bay, I live on the Tred Avon River.   I will post a couple of pictures of the river and the opening of it into the greater bay area.   I also will include a translated description from wikipedia about the area in general.  

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 35)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.