Accueil Forums Entraide edel 660/665 mast step/foot

• Ce sujet contient 22 réponses, 6 participants et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Brian, le il y a 1 année et 10 mois. Ce sujet a été consulté 12172 fois
15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 23)
  • Auteur
    Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Hello all!

My name is Ian, and I’m searching for pictures of the complete mast step/foot of an edel 660.

I am rebuilding a 665 from Canada, and I would love any ideas on repairing or replacing the broken mast step on my boat.

I belief the 660 is the French made version of the 665, and am hoping owners of these boats would be able to help!

I will include some pictures that might better illustrate my problem.

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Jerry
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Hello Ian,

It’s incredible to see this old boat all around the world !

On the picture, I don’t see anything broken !

Some of us have fabricate a new base part of the mast, maybe you can find it on th forum.

Regards

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

She is a very pretty boat, and I’m looking to get her back in the water soon (ish)!

What broke is the area where the pin connects, it is difficult to see, and I really really need to take a better picture.

To try and explain better, the hole where the pin goes through the step has been broken off on one side.

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

And I would love to have a new fabricated part to replace the brittle portion that is currently there.   If anyone can create one on your side of the pond, I would happily pay for their services and whatever is required to get it shipped.

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

updated pictures to better illustrate the problem

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

The only solution I can think of is to drill holes further up in the good aluminum. I don’t plan on trailering the boat, so removing the mast easily isn’t something I’m worried about.   I just want a strong connection.

Alain Diart
    Participant
    Lieutenant de vaisseau

Amis Edel-six-istes, reconnaissez-vous votre mât sur les photos de Ian ?

Savez-vous si les pieds de mât de Serge Belleville peuvent s’adapter au mât de Ian ?

Ian, have you contacted Serge Belleville ? If so what was his answer ? http://belleville-mecanique.com/edel-pied-de-mat

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

I have not contacted him.  I will try and get a hold of him now, thank you!

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

I went to the site you listed, and attempted to contact the person you have named.  I looked over the information provided, and it appears as though there may be a difference  in the design between the French and Canadian models.   I will post the screenshots for comparison. 

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Alain Diart
    Participant
    Lieutenant de vaisseau

Hi Ian,

yes, this is why I asked (in French) if some Edel 665 owners recognized their mast. I don’t know too well this boat (mine is an Edel 4), but it appears to me that there may be some differences. Owning an old boat sometime leads to such difficulties :wacko:

Amis Edel-six-istes, reconnaissez vous votre mât sur les photos de Ian ? :rose:

Ian Hall
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

Sorry, I didn’t realize you already knew their was a design difference. I would be interested in seeing the design of a 660/6 just to my curiosity.

15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 23)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.