Accueil Forums Présentation des membres Bonjour from Northern Germany

• Ce sujet contient 5 réponses, 3 participants et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Martin, le il y a 5 mois et 3 semaines. Ce sujet a été consulté 265 fois
6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Auteur
    Martin
    Participant
    Matelot

Bonjour dear friends,

since I have bought an Edel 2 from 1980 just recently, I wanted to join your forum for some information on the topic. Unfortunately I do not speak french, but I translated a lot of the discussions and hope we also get along in english :)

My Edel 2 is from 1980, and I just bought her really really cheap. I had to fix two smaller cracks on the rear ribs, because the boat was stored on a trailer that was not well suited for the form of the hull. That was a lot of sanding and dirt, but worked out well. Since the boat is stored outdoors for winter, I have to wait for some higher temperatures, than I will remove and reapply the antifouling.

In spring I’ll do some small tours and check if everything works as it should. On the long run I’ll have to replace some of the rigging, since its already pretty old. But apart from that, the boat looks great and I can’t wait to get it into the water :) So long I’ll make use of the winter to get some good tips on refitting and maybe keep an eye open for a good set of used sails.

I live in Kiel, right at the coast of the baltic sea, so this will propably be the main area of my travels.

Cheers, Martin

Isabelle
    Participant
    Major

Hello Martin,

Welcome on this forum and thank you for your introduction. Don’t worry, some of us speak English.

I hope you’ll share some pictures of your boat, works and trips with us. A picture is worth a thousand words, so no more language problem ;-)

Have a nice evening,

Isabelle

Alain Diart
    Participant
    Lieutenant de vaisseau

Hi Martin,

Again, welcome aboard ! :)

It looks like you are living in a pretty nice place, is it easy to go to Denmark from Kiel ? I can’t stress enough how much I’d love to sail on the baltic sea ! Sweden, Finland has a huge appeal to me ! :)

If you have any problem using this site, please tell me :)

Martin
    Participant
    Matelot

Thanks for the warm welcome=) Yes, it is prety easy to go to Denmark from here, I haven’t done it yet though. I love the scandinavian countries too, but have not sailed there yet. I go to the swedish skerries (is that the name in english? I mean the thousands of small islands between Oskarshamn and Stockholm,) with the kayak and tent very often, its really worth a trip!

Pictures will follow!

Cheers

Martin
    Participant
    Matelot

As promised, here are some pictures of the boat from when I bought it. On the last picture you can see how the support pf the trailer presses into the hull, wich caused the crack on the inside.

Martin
    Participant
    Matelot

Unfortunately my phone just died, so I don’t have any new photos right now =/

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.