Accueil Forums Petites annonces edel 2

• Ce sujet contient 5 réponses, 3 participants et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Steve, le il y a 5 années et 6 mois. Ce sujet a été consulté 1048 fois
6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Auteur
    Steve
    Participant
    Mousse

i have a edel 2 with not the orginal sails, but smaller ones (470 mainsail).
    i reach a max speed of 5.1 knots sharp in the wind with full sail and about 12 knots wind.
    the boat tilt about 45 degrees than.
    normal the speed is about 4.7 knots.
    is it normal ?
    i see on you tube movies where they appear going faster .
    gr steve
    belgium
    sorry about the english !

Vivalavida
    Participant
    Matelot

Dear Steve, I’m not able to reply your question. I bought this year an Edel2 in Italy. Could we compare photos? My version is slightly different from other Edel 2 I view..

Steve
    Participant
    Mousse

My boat is lot older than yours, nice boat by the way !
    gr steve

tom
    Participant
    Quartier-Maître

hi guys,

don’t worry about english, i think that our favorit webmaster would approve that this site is aimed at sharing even in english.

i don’t have a big experience in sailing and even less with my edel2 but for having measured it can go faster than 4.7knots.
    On gps i’ve been sailing at more than 12km/h(around 6.5knots) and the wind was around 8 knots. my sails looks like being the original ones, which means they are quite used.
    For the different version, i think their have been 3 versions. the 1st one is the simplest, the 2nd after 2/3 years of production had a « doubling the hull » in the cabin. the last one was produced in the late 70’s or beginning of the 80’s, it has the hull of an edel2 but the bridge was redesigned on the edel5 model(that’s vivalavida one).

if you’re interested i can check the precise years if they are mentioned in Maurice Edel book.

Tom

Vivalavida
    Participant
    Matelot

I bought this year an Edel 2 with the not original sails. The mainsail should be like original while the bow sail is bigger (genoa). I didn’t try to measure the speed but I can say that it goes good even if the wind is slow. When the wind is strong the boat suddenly tends to tilt a lot .. but I’m not an expert! I could send you photos, My model is one of the latest with the bridge similar to Edel 5

Steve
    Participant
    Mousse

Tom,
    nice to hear about your achieved speed with 8 knots of wind !
    my sails are old and too small, with new sails it would be better !
    i don not know the precise year of construction but how can you check it please ?
    by pictures ?
    gr steve

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.